|Daytrip daytrip to Calais||Calais Wine Superstore||Route 66 Luxembourg||Dover to Calais and Dunkirk ferry||Cheap ferry calais PO Ferries cheapest||Pidou Wine Beer Calais||1st Shop In Adinkerke|
On this page;
Events in Belgium, Ostende and Bruges – Day-tripper.net the web magazine for visitors to Belgium and France.
Making a note of festivals and events before you go away can add some value to your break. Here we list as many of those we have come across.
– Did you know there are 280 festivals in Flanders every year? www.facebook.com
Please check with the local the tourist office for dates and other news.
Events in France • Brittany • Nord Pas de Calais • Normandy • Belgium • Food & Wine • Musical • French Public holidays • Holiday shopping • Sales • Shows about France • Skiing dates to watch • Ski Testing events • Strikes in France • Annual French markets • Xmas shopping • Tour de France
A Fête is a festival, usually with eating, drinking, singing, dancing and often performances of some kind. A variations is a fête champêtre – a village festival, or the fête patronale, a celebration of the local Saint's day.
We have a page for Christmas shopping in Calais and the North of France. For local events we suggest you try the local tourist offices web sites.
For a summary of all the pages we have listing events, fetes and festivals in France.
Our extensive and comprehensive list of events, fetes and festivals in France concerning wine, food and other themes.
– Brusselicious, a sixth month long event to be held in 2012 celebrating Belgian foods. March 23rd to September 29th 2012. www.brusselicious.be
Agenda Gourmand, all the current events. www.visitbrussels.be
– 151 Reasons to visit Brussels. www.brussels151.com
February – Arlon near the Luxembourg border. www.arloncarnaval.be
– March. Foire du Livre de Bruxelles. www.foiredulivredebruxelles.be
– April/May every year, Choco-Laté: The Bruges Chocolate Festival. www.choco-late.be
– Folk Dranouter held in August is the main festival, but since 2005, a second, smaller festival, Dranouter aan zee (Dranouter at sea) is organised in De Panne on the beach towards the end of April. www.folkdranouter.be
– May each year. Oostende voor Anke. A sailing event with many boats. www.oostendevooranker.be
August to September. Sand Sculpture Festival, Zeebrugge. www.zandsculptuur.be
– Folk Dranouter is a yearly folk festival spanning four days at the beginning of August in the Belgian village Dranouter. www.folkdranouter.be
September. Brussels, Weekend de la Biere, a large event attended by most Belgian beer makers. Open to the public. www.weekenddelabiere.be
September. Poperinge Hop Festival. Every three years, the next one is in 2011. Poperinge is the hop capital of Belgium. During the festival, you can visit a hop farm and see harvesting methods old and new. www.poperinge.be
– Bruges Beer Festival. Now in its fifth year (2011), this festival is organised by "The Bruges Autonomous Beertasters" in co-operation with the municipality of Bruges. A good opportunity to sample some of the country's most popular and most unusual varieties. In 2010 the festival featured over 275 beers from 67 breweries across the country with tasting sessions taking place throughout the weekend. As well as beer tastings, eight chefs will also be on hand to demonstrate the best ways to use beer in cooking. Held in the historic Halle on Markt square. www.brugsbierfestival.be
Ghent Shopping Festival, October 6th 2011. Now in its third year (2011), shops stay open until 10.00pm. Associated with with the annual Ghent Film Festival of Flanders, this is a good chance to visit and shop, especially for Xmas presents. www.gentverwent.be
– Ghent Film Festival of Flanders. Established in 1974 and held every October it has developed into one of Europe's most prominent film events. www.filmfestival.be
– BRADEXPO. Massive clearance sale, held at the end of October every year. Avenue du Port 86. 1000 Brussels. Tel: 0032 26 44 37 00. The big Belgian clearance sale. Bankruptcy stock, factory sales, "low-quality products", surplus stock. You will find many bargains including textile, cloths, computers, hardware. www.bradexpo.be
– Choc'in Brugges. Annual chocolate festival celebrating Brugge chocolate. 6th November to 8th December 2011. www.chocinbrugge.be
Semaine de la Frites, held every year in Belgium and started in the Walloon region. The fourth event will be in late November 2012. www.semainedelafrite.be
– More about the Belgium Frites. www.opt.be
Snow and Ice Festival Bruges (annual event). December / January. www.icesculpture.be
– Cantillon, Belgium. The brewery opens to the public when you can watch the beer brewing process in action. www.cantillon.be
Visit Flanders. www.visitflanders.co.uk
Oostende Net. www.oostende.net
Tourism Oostende. www.toerisme-oostende.be
Visit Flanders. www.visitflanders.co.uk
June – Beer festival at Middelkerke.
October – Diksmuide Beer Festival (50th anniversary was in 2009), near Ostend, Belgium. In 2012 this events is held over two weekends, 13th and 20th October. www.beerfestival.be